A Brief History of the Novitiate

The Novitiate was established at Nazareth Retreat House in Plaza Guipit, Manila on September 11, 1939, with the first Filipina Postulant, Natividad Pasaporte from Pototan, Iloilo. On June 7, 1952, the Novitiate was transferred to Manresa Retreat House in Quezon City. On May 31, 1978, the Holy Name of Jesus became an independent and formative active community, with its own identity and mission.